Come work with us…..
Critical Care Imaging Fellowship
Applications are invited for a new post within the established Oxford Critical Care Echocardiography Fellowship which will provide a unique training opportunity in point-of-care ultrasound diagnostics (POCUS) in the Adult Intensive Care Unit. This programme is aimed at senior Critical Care trainees looking to develop comprehensive practical skills and knowledge within the field of ultrasound diagnostics. Specifically, training will be provided in:
- transthoracic cardiac echocardiography
- pleural imaging and intervention
- vascular access
The programme will take place over twelve months. Appointees will have a dedicated day per week of supervised training and mentorship. The appointee will be expected to complete:
- Focused Intensive Care Echocardiography (FICE)
- Pleural imaging and diagnostics to BTS level 1 or equivalent
- Vascular Imaging & Access including PICC line, ultrasound guided peripheral & central venous cannulation to a high level of competence
- Abdominal imaging including assessment and aspiration of ascites, imaging of renal tract and FAST assessment
During the programme, appointees will operate on the senior tier of the Adult Intensive Care Unit/Churchill Intensive Care Unit on call rota for the Oxford ICM training programme.
Critical Care and Management/Leadership Fellowship